What’s the best age to run a marathon, find someone to marry, or make your highest salary? The answers may surprise you.
Business Insider looked at a bunch of scientific studies, and came up with a list of random things, and the age when you’re best at them. At least statistically. Here are the ten we thought were interesting:
1. Learning a new language. Your ability to do it peaks when you’re around 7 or 8.
2. Remembering people’s names: 22 years old.
3. Finding someone to marry: 26 years old.
4. Running a marathon: 28 years old.
5. Playing chess: 31 years old.
6. Remembering people’s faces: also 31 years old.
7. Winning a Nobel Prize: 40 years old. That’s when the average winner has done it.
8. Making your peak salary at work: 39 years old for women, and 48 for men.
9. Doing math in your head: believe it or not, around 50 years old.
10. Having a strong vocabulary: late 60s or early 70s. There’s a bit of a decline after that.
And in general, our happiness level peaks at 23, and again at 69.
Find out more peak ages here.