Everything is better with bacon, especially Bacon Day.
Bacon Day is observed annually on December 30th. According to the founders of Bacon Day, we are encouraged to eat a variety of bacon while watching Kevin Bacon movies, or movies with bacon in the title.
Here are a few fun facts about bacon:
- Bacon is one of the oldest cuts of meat in history; dating back to 1500 BC.
- 70% of all bacon in the US is eaten at breakfast time.
- More than 2 billion pounds of bacon is produced each year in the US.
- Bacon fat was the cooking fat of choice in most US households until after World War I, when prepackaged pig lard became commonly available.
- Denmark consumes the most amount of pork in the world.
- In the U.S., bacon is eaten as 70% breakfast, 11% lunch, 17% dinner and just 2% as a snack.
Use #BaconDay to post on social media.