The Oxford English Dictionary is adding a handful of new words. Here are the ten best additions:
1. Fuhgeddaboudit – Like how Tony Soprano would say “forget about it.”
2. ‘Merica – meaning America without the “A” at the beginning. Slang.
3. Bracketology – Sports term which you hear a lot during March Madness.
4. Clickbait – content whose main purpose is to attract attention and draw visitors to a particular web page, as well as “clicktivism” which is when you support a cause online, but don’t actually go out and DO anything.
5. Moobs – short for ‘man boobs.’
6. Non-apology – When you act like you’re apologizing, but don’t actually say you’re sorry.
7. Swirlie – Yep, it’s when you dunk someone’s head in a toilet and flush it. Which seems like it could have been added 50 years ago.
8. YOLO – Which stands for “you only live once.”
9. Squee – It’s internet slang for when something’s cute. They traced it back to an online discussion about Ewoks from 1998.
10. Kegerator – A refrigerator with a tap on the front, and a keg of beer inside.