Father’s Day is on Sunday, so here are five stats about Father’s Day gifts.
1. 67% of people buy a Father’s Day gift for somebody in their life. And after fathers and husbands, the most common people we buy Father’s Day gifts for are brothers . . . sons . . . grandfathers . . . stepfathers . . . and uncles.
2. 59% of us usually buy a present for our Dad. And we spend $72 on average on him.
3. 76% of married women buy their husband something for Father’s Day, and spend an average of $77.
4. 49% say it’s important to give their Dad something thoughtful or sentimental, while 32% would like to make their Dad’s life easier by finding him a practical gift.
5. And the ten most common Father’s Day gifts are special outings like dinner at a restaurant or a round of golf . . . clothes . . . gift cards . . . electronics . . . books and music . . . grooming products . . . sporting goods . . . home improvement supplies or tools . . . and car accessories.